North Coast Charity Challenge for Rebecca Ann Foundation
Jason Costelloe and Jenna Ross are both back it with yet another endurance charity challenge. In their last challenge in 2021 they ran 50 miles straight. This year they have upped the ante a bit.
In March 2023, their aim is to cycle and run from the most north easterly point of Trinidad, starting at the Toco light house and travel approximately 163 km to the north western side of Trinidad and finish in Chaguaramas at Casters Cove all within 12 hours. Jason and Jenna are also welcoming any and all warriors that want to attempt the entire course alongside them or race against the clock in a relay team.
All proceeds from this charity challenge will be donated towards the Rebecca Ann Foundation that is committed to supporting the less fortunate across Trinidad, with a focus on families. The main aim of the Foundation has been defined as sharing love and happiness in the lives of the less fortunate across Trinidad and Tobago, with a focus on children, irrespective of age, education or disability.
Jason will be turning back the time where it all started for him more than a decade ago as he got the crazy idea for this challenge from the Coast2Coast race that was originally created and hosted by Eco Adventures and Ryan Mendes. The event was last held back in 2010 and he is hoping that this may also fuel up the interest of sponsors to one day see this incredible adventure race back up and running.
Start Location: Toco Light House
End Location: Casters Cove, Macqueripe
The challenge will entail multiple stages including:
Stage 1. Cycle: Start Toco light house to matelot. Distance 58km
Stage 2. Trail run from Matelot to Paria steel bridge. Distance 32km
Stage 3. Cycle from Paria bridge to Patna village, Diego martin. Distance 58km.
Stage 4. Trail and road run. Patna village to Macqueripe and to finish at Casters Cove. Distance 15km
Estimated total distance of 163 km
Date March 2023
Name: Jason Costelloe
Occupation: Tridium Caribbean Limited, Regional Sales Executive
- Trinidad & Tobago National Duathlon Champion 2016,2017,2019,2022
- Trinidad & Tobago National Mountain Bike Champion 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Trinidad & Tobago National Triathlon Olympic Champion 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Trinidad & Tobago National Triathlon Sprint Champion 2012
- Winner of the Tobago International Mountain Bike Cycling Classic 2014
- 1st Place at the 2017, 2018, 2019 Caribbean Age Group Triathlon Championships
- 1st Place in the Barbados Sprint Triathlon – April 2015
- 1st Place in the Nevis International 73 Triathlon – November 2015
- 1st Place in the 2019 Bahamas Open National Triathlon Championship
- 1st Place in the 2018 Grand Bahama International Triathlon
- 2nd Place at the 2017 & 2018 Barbados International Triathlon
- 1st in the 30 – 34 Age Group at the 2019 Challenge Daytona 70.3 International
- Triathlon and 6th Place overall out of 500 hundred international triathletes
Name: Jenna Ross
Sport of choice: Triathlon
- 5 time Trinidad & Tobago National Triathlon Championships Female Champion – Olympic
- Caribbean Age Group Championships Female Champion – Olympic Distance – 2019
- Representing Trinidad and Tobago at the CommonWealth Games 2018
- Representing Trinidad and Tobago at the Ironman 70.3 World Championships – 2018
- First place age grouper (Female 30-34) Ironman 70.3 Cozumel
How do I track their progress?
Jason will provide updates on his progress via social media: https://www.instagram.com/costelloejason/
How can I support?
Choose your contribution amount to aid in the fundraising for Rebecca Ann Foundation ($100, $500 and $1000, $2000 and up). All proceeds go towards the charity.