ATHLETE GUIDE – TTAEE 5K
RULES OF THE RACE:
1. Registration fees must be paid online or in person before participating in the race.
2. Race bibs must be collected before race day, see collection locations here: https://bafasports.com/ttaeebibcollection
Please walk with your ID when you come to collect your race package. If you want someone else to collect on your behalf, they will need to walk with your order number and a copy of your ID.
There will be NO bib collection on the day of the race.
3. PRIZES will be awarded as follows:
Top 3 Male and Female
Top 1 Age Group Prizes.
Athlete’s age will be calculated as “age on race day”.
4. You will be assigned a race number which you must wear at all times during the race. The number MUST BE PINNED TO THE FRONT OF YOUR VEST. Failure to display your number at any point in the race could lead to instant disqualification. NUMBERS MUST NOT BE CUT, ALTERED OR SEPARATED IN ANY WAY. At the finish line allow officials to REMOVE the bib tab at the bottom.
5. Please assemble at the START-LINE at least 10 minutes before the start of your race on Sunday July 16th, 2023. This is located at Queen’s Park Savannah (Opposite Mille Fleurs). The 5K race will be started by horn at 6:30 AM, elite athletes will be given front line preference by marshals.
6. The 5K Cross Country course is exactly 3.1 miles (5K kilometers). A map of the course has been advertised. You are asked to familiarize yourself with it. Marshals will be placed at strategic points along the course and cameras will record participants at random points along the course. If your number fails to show up at any of these checkpoints, you risk disqualification.
Zoomable Route: https://www.strava.com/routes/3049297203164002654
9. Once on the 5K Cross Country course, follow the direction of the marshals and stay within cones.
10. There will be WATER at the start and finish and water stations at the 1.5 km and 3 km marks. Runners and walkers are advised to drink a little at ALL stations to avoid dehydration.
11. Should you wish to drop out of the race, you are free to do this at any point. BUT YOU MUST NOT LATER CROSS THE FINISH LINE OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
12. In accordance with NAAA and World Athletics rules, participants are warned that PACING IS NOT PERMITTED. If any athlete is suspected of being paced by another non-registered runner/s, or by cyclist/s, he/she will be warned by race officials to desist. Failure to comply could lead to disqualification. Supporting vehicles are not allowed on the course and are discouraged as they can obstruct other runners on the course.
13. Only persons who have completed the entire race on foot must enter the 5K chute at the finish line. All finishers will receive a medal, however only those crossing the finish line with the timing chip and considered completing the course will be eligible for prizes.
14. The following facilities will be available at the Finish: medical station and water station.
15. Results will be reviewed for queries prior to prize presentation. The top 3 male and top 3 female finishers will be requested to present themselves at the stage area for a formal presentation. Prize presentation will be held on race day. Full results will be available after verification by the day’s end. Participants can visit https://bafasports.com/results to view results.
16. Reports of irregularities or queries about your placing should be made on race day to Nigel Bellamy (868) 484 – BAFA, Race Director. Any results announced on race day will be considered provisional until all queries are entertained, and a full report is submitted by the Race Director.
17. The 5K Cross Country course will be closed at 8:30 a.m. Athletes whose progress during the race indicates that they will finish well after 8.30 am will be so advised by race officials. SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO CONTINUE, THE ORGANISERS CANNOT GUARANTEE SUPPORT PERSONNEL (e.g. TEAM, medical personnel, water stations).
18. All participants are welcome to visit the TTAEE 5K Race Village after completing the 5K where product sampling and giveaways are available.
19. Parking can be found at Hayes Street, Jackson Square and Environs. Please arrive early so that you have enough time to find a parking space and reach the start line in time. Please do not leave any of your valuables in your vehicles. Bafasports and the TTAEE Committee are NOT Responsible for theft, damage, OR any VALUABLES left in vehicles ON premises. Values may be stored at the admin tent.
20. “Disclaimer – By my registration, I acknowledge that a road race is a potentially hazardous activity, which could cause injury or death. I certify that I am medically able to perform this event. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I assume all risks associated with running in this event, including but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, traffic and the conditions of the road. Having read this waiver, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the TTAEE Commitee, Bafasports, all event sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event. I grant permission to all of the foregoing to use my photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose. There are no refunds. If however, you are not in agreement with the above, email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration”.
21. Sills Farmer’s Market will have refreshments and produce on sale at the TTAEE 5K Race Village at their refreshments booth.
THE RULES ARE FOR YOUR SAFETY, HAVE A GREAT RACE!