Diamond Dash 2020
Completing this virtual race adds 5 kilometres to your Runners Rewards ranking, increasing your chances to win a six thousand dollar Amazon shopping spree courtesy Trinebox and a Treadmill from Mad Montrichard.
Diamond Dash Gone Virtual
Due to the current pandemic that has affected sporting events worldwide, the Annual Diamond Dash Ruby 2020 5k has transitioned to a Virtual Event. Registrants can now run their 5k distance anywhere during the race period. Each participant will receive a collectible Diamond Dash medal and package upon completion which will be available at any of the Bafasports collection locations nationwide.
Last but certainly not least we have some GREAT PRIZES up for grabs!
Largest Registered Team: $1500
Fastest Male & Female: $1000 (See competitive guidelines below)
Most creative running gear: $500 (must have photo/video evidence posted to social media)
First completed and posted Couple: $600
First completed and posted Individual: $300
Youngest Participant: Hamper/Voucher
Oldest Participant: Hamper/Voucher
Random Draws / Selections: Hamper/Voucher
Please be sure to tag @bafasports IG/FB page and use the following hashtags #DiamondDash2020 #LiveActive #Bafasports to enter the prize draws
Why do I have to run?
Part proceeds will be donated to support the development of two schools in the Diamond Vale Community.
Unique Diamond Ruby Medals for all finishers and prizes for top finishers.
Lots of Prizes and giveaways
Stay Healthy, Live Active!
Where do I have to run?
What distance do I have to run/walk?
5K (3.1 Miles)
When do I have to run?
From Monday August 31st to Sunday December 31st 2020
Registering a crew or large Team? No problem! Email a spreadsheet with their full name, sex, date of birth, email address and contact number to email@example.com and we will send you a direct payment link. QUICK & EASY!
No Credit Card? No problem
Feel free to visit your nearest WiPay Partner to purchase a TopUp Voucher, please see race price for voucher value.
How do I show my support on Social Media?
Post your pictures with the following hashtags: #bafasports #liveactive #DiamondDash2020 to show your support for the cause.
Competitive Guidelines for those vying for fastest Male/Female
01) Running results must have GPS data synced via Strava (Note you can sync from Garmin, Samsung Health, etc.. to Strava)
02) Results must be recorded during the “race period” August 30th – September 30th Midnight GST-04
03) Race submissions without supporting GPS data synced via Strava will not be eligible for awards
04) Routes with negative elevation (downhill) will be disqualified. If in doubt over your selected running route, email firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
05) Obey all local traffic laws
06) Always consult with a medical professional prior to undertaking intense physical exercise
07) For your own safety, please focus on your surroundings and not your device/tracker
08) Please adhere to any applicable social distancing requirements that may be in effect at the time of your run
09) Race management reserves the right to a) seek further verification and substantiation of any submitted result, and b) request supporting evidence of any participant’s identification including additional government (photo) ID. In either instance, if the participant does not comply or provide adequate supporting information, race management can disqualify the participant at their discretion.
10) Consider a video recording of your race effort to defend any query.
I signed up for the race already, do I need to take any further action to participate virtually?
All existing participants are automatically converted to virtual participants. Instructions for completing the race virtually will be sent to your email.
I do not wish to participate virtually, is there another option?
Yes, you can email email@example.com to ask for a deferral of your registration to the next traditional event in 2021.